|Note||While Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on Download Center, you may have an Intel product that isn’t supported by this tool. Before you use Intel® DSA, refer to this page to ensure that your product is compatible with Intel® DSA.|
What to do next when when you get an error while trying to install a driver
Check out the following articles related to error messages. If you can't find the error message you're seeing, notify us by using the Give Feedback widget button at the bottom of most Intel Support pages.
- Errors Reported By Microsoft for Graphics Drivers
Note If you have an issue when downloading Intel® software specifically from the Microsoft® Store, refer to this page.
- Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected
- Installation Error Messages for Graphics Drivers
- Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Graphics Products
What to do when you get an error message that says Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is blocked
If you are going through a proxy to access the internet, you may need to configure it to allow access. You can check the proxy configuration by following these steps:
- Open the Internet Options control panel, which can be found in the Windows Start Menu.
- Select the Connections tab at the top of the window, and then select the LAN settings button near the bottom of the window.
- If on a company network, and Automatically detect settings or Use automatic configuration script are selected, then you will need to contact your network administrator to allow connections to localhost. If you are not on a company network and these settings are selected, you will need to manually configure the proxy device to allow connections to localhost.
- If the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox is selected, make sure Bypass proxy server for local addresses is checked. Click the Advanced button, and in the Exceptions text area, add 127.0.0.1, and then select OK and OK.
If you're using the Firefox browser and connecting to the internet through a proxy, you may need to change your settings. From the menu in Firefox, choose Options and then select the Settings button in the Network Proxy section. If Manual proxy configuration is selected, please ensure that the following entries are included in the No Proxy for text area: localhost, 127.0.0.1.
If you're running security or firewall software that may block network connections, you will need to configure their software to allow access to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Refer to your security software vendor for instructions on how to manage this access.
If you're using Internet Explorer or an older version of Edge and get a blocked message, try copying the URL path and pasting into either Chrome or Firefox browsers. Intel® DSA is supported on Windows* 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows® 10 using Chrome*, Firefox*, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers.