What to do if the "...service is not running", Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) related message pops up? Do I need to reinstall the driver?
How to fix it:
There are two possible solutions for this issue:
Solution One – Reset the Startup Intel® RST Service
- On the keyboard, press the Windows R keys together to open a Run box. Then, type services.msc in the box and press Enter.
- In the new window, find and right-click on Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. Choose Properties.
- Choose the General tab. Then, set the Startup type to be Automatic and click OK to save the setting.
Solution Two – Update the Intel® RST driver
Part 1: Uninstalling the current Intel® RST driver
- Press Windows X keys.
- Select Device Manager.
- Find and expand the Disk drives catalog.
- Right-click on Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and choose Uninstall device.
If you receive an error when trying to uninstall, check that all the Intel® RST services are stopped before trying again. The IAStorUI.exe, IAStorIcon.exe, IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe, iaStorA.sys, relate to the Intel® RST monitor service.
Part 2: Installing new Intel® RST driver
If you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer system, such as a Laptop or Prebuilt PC, download the latest RST driver for the system from the Original Equipment Manufacturer website.
- Go to the Intel Download Center and download the latest Intel® RST version.
- On the following open page, find and click on SetupRST.exe.
- When it completes downloading, double-click the .exe file to install the driver.
Cause & More Information:
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN USED BY OUR CUSTOMERS BUT NOT TESTED, FULLY REPLICATED, OR VALIDATED BY INTEL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. ALL POSTINGS AND USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE.