|Note||The Cisco Compatible eXtensions (CCX) software has been removed from the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software version 20.90 onward.|
Newer Intel® Wireless Adapters like the 7265 and 8260 families support the same CCX features as the previous generations of adapters. However, from Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 19.0~20.80, the CCX functionality isn't installed by default.
To use this functionality, enable it with the following steps:
- Download the desired Intel PROSet/Wireless Software package for IT administrators.
- Unzip the package and open Setup.xml under root directory.
- Look for a property called CCX_SUPPORT. Set this property to TRUE to install the Cisco CCX functionality. (Default is set to FALSE.)
- Save the changes to Setup.xml.
- Run Setup.exe.
In an upgrade scenario, this property setting is ignored:
- When upgrading to versions between 19.0~20.80, the CCX functionality is maintained if it was installed previously.
- When upgrading to version 20.90 or later, CCX functionality will be removed automatically if it was installed previously.
|Frequently Asked Questions for Enterprise and IT Administrators|
|IT Administrator Links for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Wi-Fi|