- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) - TPM 2.0 is a microcontroller that stores keys, passwords, and digital certificates. A discrete TPM 2.0 also supports Intel® vPro™ Technology and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT).
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) - Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) offers the capabilities of discrete TPM 2.0. Intel PTT is a platform functionality for credential storage and key management used by Windows 8* and Windows® 10. Intel PTT supports BitLocker* for hard drive encryption and supports all Microsoft requirements for firmware Trusted Platform Module (fTPM) 2.0.
Find if your NUC supports these technologies
Check the specifications for your Intel NUC at ark.intel.com, in the Advanced Technologies section.
- Unknown Device Error in Device Manager Related to TPM or PTT
- Intel-SA-00104 for Infineon* Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Unknown Device Error in Device Manager When Using Windows 7* on Intel® NUC
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) Recertification Service uses 30-40% of CPU usage
|Trusted Infrastructure Overview|
|Microsoft TPM recommendations with computer manufacturer information|