This document describes the steps for installing Linux Lite* on the 4 GB embedded Multi-Media Card (eMMC) for Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE.
- Fully integrated Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE, with memory installed
- Linux Lite installation image on a USB device
Configure the BIOS
- During boot, press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to the Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration menu.
- In the UEFI Boot pane, set the OS Selection option to Linux.
- Press F10 to save your changes and exit BIOS Setup.
- During boot, press F10 to enter the Boot Menu.
- Select the USB device that has the Linux Lite installation image.
- Wait for the Linux Lite desktop to display.
- Double-click the Install Linux Lite icon to launch the installer. It can take up to 30 seconds for the installer to display.
- On the installer Welcome screen, choose your language and click Continue.
- Click Continue on the Preparing to Install Linux screen.
- On the Installation Type screen, select Something Else option, and click Continue.
- On the Installation Type screen:
- Click free space under /dev/mmcblk0.
- Click + sign under the device list.
- In the Create Partition box, set the Mount Point to the / (forward slash) symbol.
- Click OK.
- Select the box to format the /dev/mmcblk0 drive.
- Click Install Now.
- On the pop-up asking if you want to create swap space, click Continue. Do not create swap space.
- Select your location on the Where are you screen, and click Continue.
- Select your layout on the Keyboard layout screen, and click Continue.
- Fill out the fields on the Who are you screen, and click Continue.
- Once the installation is complete, remove the USB device and click Restart Now.