See below for warranty information specific to Intel® NUC products.
Click or the topic for details:
Intel offers three-year limited warranties on Intel® NUC products purchased from Intel® Authorized Distributors. This warranty covers all hardware items included in the box.
Translated into 39 languages.
|Three-year Australia (English) |
Size: 69 KB
Date: September 2020
|Note||PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*.|
System fan warranty considerations
Chassis manufacturers may design enclosures for Intel® NUC Board SKUs that include passive cooling solutions. To accommodate these types of custom chassis, you can remove the factory-installed fan from the board SKUs without violation of the Product Warranty.
Intel accepts returns for board SKUs if you remove the factory-installed fan. However, we may refuse subsequent returns if there's customer-induced damage due to fan removal or overheating.
We intended the original design to operate with the factory-installed fan. It's expected that customers who remove the fans are responsible for ensuring sufficient cooling of the modified system. Intel communicates any concerns to the customer before refusal of subsequent returns.
Before you return defective products
Make sure you know your Windows* OS Activation number (if applicable).
The table describes what to return and what to keep with you.
|Product||What to return||What to keep|
|Intel® NUC Mini PCs |
(These products have memory, drive, and operating system already installed. Individual components can't be replaced separately.)
| || |
|Intel® NUC Kits |
(These products do not ship with memory, drive, or operating system already installed.)
| || |
|Intel® NUC Boards||Return only the Intel NUC Board.||Keep all components you installed (memory modules, hard drives, wireless adapters).|
|Caution ||Intel isn't able to track or return user-installed components, including items included in the box upon return. Unless otherwise mentioned above, remove all memory and disks from your Intel NUC before sending it to our Warranty Center. Where applicable, make sure to backup all applications and data. Intel is not responsible for any data loss occurring from the warranty process.|
Intel NUC Kits sent as warranty replacements don't include a Microsoft Windows* license sticker. If your Intel NUC has a Windows license sticker, we recommend you carefully peel it off the chassis. You can take a photo of it for future reference before returning it to Intel for a warranty replacement. Microsoft Windows stickers aren't available as fulfillment items.
- Back up all your applications and data where applicable. Intel is not responsible for any data loss that occurs during the warranty process.
- Refer to your email confirmation for instructions on which parts and accessories you should keep. Intel doesn’t retain any parts and accessories and can’t return them to you.
- Write your RMA case number on the outside of the box and enclose a copy of your email confirmation.
- Replacement units may not be shipped to you in original retail packaging.
If you have the original retail box, you can use that box to return the product:
- If the original box inserts aren’t available, wrap the item on all sides with bubble wrap or similar cushioning material to ensure a snug fit with minimal movement.
- Pack the retail box into a sturdy outer box, with at least two inches of bubble wrap, loose fill foam, or similar cushioning to ensure a snug fit with minimal movement.
- You can procure an outer box of adequate size from your local shipping store or post office at your own cost.
If you don’t have the original retail box:
- Pack the product in a sturdy box with enough additional packing material to prevent shifting in transit.
- You can procure a shipping box of adequate size from your local shipping store or post office at your own cost.
If you’re returning more than one item, protect each item with enough bubble wrap, loose fill foam, or similar cushioning material to prevent shifting during transit.
|Check Your Warranty Coverage and Request Warranty Support|