Powerful Eclipse-based IDE on the ARM* DS-5 is power-packed with features. Code, build, debug, and optimize in one IDE!
Developed in partnership with ARM, the ARM* Development Studio 5 (DS-5) Intel® SoC FPGA Edition is an end-to-end suite of tools for embedded C/C++ software development on any Intel® SoC FPGAs. It combines almost all features of the ARM* DS-5 Professional Edition with powerful FPGA-adaptive debugging capabilities, providing unmatched visibility and control of your SoC FPGA.
- The ARM* DS-5 Intel® SoC FPGA Edition tool is installed as part of the Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (SoC EDS)
- Learn more about the DS-5 tool from ARM
Eclipse-based IDE provides a great workbench with ARM's assembly editor and project management tools.
Compile and build code for high performance or small footprint with included ARM Compiler 5 or 6.
Debug Bare-metal, Linux, and Android application code with low-cost Intel® FPGA Download Cable II.
Optimize and make your Linux or bare-metal application more efficient with Streamline* and Trace.
FPGA Adaptive Debug
- Cross-trigger and debug across the CPU-FPGA boundary to find hidden bugs
- Correlate events between the FPGA and CPU along with timestamp data
- Perform bare-metal debug with the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II that is built-in to the Intel® SoC FPGA development kits (also available as an external JTAG debug cable)
- Improve productivity by importing custom intellectual property (IP) register definitions from the Platform Designer (formerly Qsys) and the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
- Unleash the power of the CoreSight* System Trace Macrocell (STM) Debug architecture
- View timeline charts and heat maps for software that executes on target
- Profile the system accurately by finding the CPU utilization per function non-intrusively
- Debug multiple processor cores simultaneously and control them individually
Application Performance Analysis
- Visualize the performance bottlenecks in your embedded software using Streamline*
- Support for bare metal, Linux*, and Android* applications
- Set-up and configure the ARM performance counters for deeper dive into your embedded design
- Optimize your code for the best performance
ARM* Development Studio 5 (DS-5) Intel® SoC FPGA Edition
Available with Paid License for SoC EDS Standard and Pro Editions
DS-5 Community Edition
Available with Free License for SoC EDS Standard and Pro Editions
|DS-5 Intel® SoC FPGA Edition is license managed. The license shipped with select Intel® SoC FPGA development kits includes one-year of support and maintenance from Intel starting on the date of purchase or renewal. It supports all ARM processor subsystems on Intel® SoC FPGAs and provides exceptional bare-metal debug and trace capabilities. DS-5 Intel® SoC FPGA Edition includes multiple compilers including the ARM Compilers 5 and 6 so you can optimize your code for size and performance.||
DS-5 Community Edition is free. It includes access to a limited feature-set enabling Android and Linux application debug and OS-awareness. DS-5 Community Edition is useful for application-level development.
|Feature||ARM DS-5 Community Edition||
ARM DS-5 Intel SoC FPGA Edition
|Application Performance Analysis||Streamline Performance Analysis||Limited Subset||X|
|Bare-Metal Debug||Intel FPGA Download Cable II||X|
|Bare-Metal Debug||Linux Kernel Debug||X|
|Bare-Metal Debug||RTOS Debug||X|
|Processor Trace||Coresight STM Trace||X|
|Compilers||ARM Compiler 5||X|
|Compilers||ARM Compiler 6||X|
|OS Awareness||Linux, Android, Real-time OS||X||X|
|OS Application Debug||Linux Application Debug (GDB)||X||X|
|OS Application Debug||Android Application Debug (ADB)||X||X|
|Price||Activation Code or Serial Number||Free with SoC EDS Installation||
SoC EDS / DS-5 Release History
|May 2014||Nov 2014||May 2015||Nov 2015||May 2016||Nov 2016||May 2017||Nov 2017||May 2018||Sept 2018|
|SoC EDS version||14.0||14.1||15.0||15.1||16.0||16.1||17.0||17.1||18.0||18.1|
|DS-5 version in SoC EDS Standard||5.18.0||5.20.0||5.20.2||5.22.0||5.23.1||5.25||5.25||5.27.1||5.28.1||5.29.1|
|DS-5 version in SoC EDS Pro||5.26.2||5.27.1||5.29.1|