This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board S2600WF Family for UEFI (02.01.0015), read firmware dependencies in requirements section.
- OS Independent
- Size: 32.2 MB
- SHA1: C867F8A62FF6CD03FE1E0E110F4CCA5A33030C90
Do NOT use this Software Update Package (SUP) if the system is an Intel® Data Center Block for Nutanix* Enterprise Cloud, the said system relies on Nutanix’s Prism Life Cycle Manager for any firmware updates. For more information, visit Nutanix* Life Cycle Manager page. For a list of hardware and firmware compatibility, visit the Nutanix* Hardware and Firmware compatibility page.
Minimal version of current BIOS and Firmware are required to perform a new BIOS and firmware update. If you try upgrading directly from an older BIOS version to a new version but do not meet firmware requirements, the upgrade may fail. Before you perform a new BIOS and firmware update, please verify current BIOS and firmware versions on your server systems. To update the system firmware stack to the versions included in this update package, the currently loaded system firmware stack on the system must meet the following:
- System BIOS - R02.01.0014
- ME Firmware - 04.01.04.505
- BMC Firmware - 2.86.2da97d3f
- FRUSDR - 2.02
If the system doesn't currently meet the BIOS and firmware requirements, you must download a previously-posted System Update Package (SUP) from Other Versions list of this web page and update the system to the preceding described firmware revisions before updating the system to the firmware stack included your downloaded Firmware Update Package. Failure to get to the required firmware stack, may cause unexpected results.
This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board S2600WF Family and appropriate Intel® Server System R1000WF Family and Intel® Server System R2000WF Family—for use with Intel's technology-embedded Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) shell.
This Firmware Update Package supports 1st and 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor families
This update package includes the following production-level system firmware updates, including the FW 01.02.00.5395 for Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory. If you received your Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory DIMMs with a different FW, install this one following the general installation procedure below:
- System BIOS - 02.01.0015
- ME Firmware - 04.01.04.601
- BMC Firmware - 2.88.6999d21a
- Read TA-1161 about implementation of password complexity rules for this BMC version
- FRUSDR - 2.03
- Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory Firmware (DCPMM) - 01.02.00.5446
Starting from BMC 2.22.59c3b83a, when KCS Policy Control Mode is configured as "Deny ALL" on BMC EWS, BMC and FRUSDR cannot be upgraded/downgraded as expected behavior. Updates can still be performed via Redfish or BMC EWS
This SUP package includes the FW 01.02.00.5417 for Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory (DCPMM), if you received your DCPMM DIMMs with a different FW, please install this one following the general installation procedure below.
Extra parameter for ipmitool through LAN is required since BMC firmware 1.90 as the Cipher Suite 3 is disabled and only keep Cipher Suite 17 opened by default, the “-C 17” is a must when using ipmitool to access BMC LAN.
The Cipher Suite 17 was first introduced in ipmitool 1.8.18 on Oct 8th 2016, you have to update ipmitool to this version or newer one, earlier versions of ipmitool don’t have Cipher 17 support.
ipmitool is not working well when running in high load network. We recommend to add extra timeout by using “-N 5”. Default is 1 second for RMCP+, which is not enough. –N 5 will set 5 second as timeout.
So the command will look like:
ipmitool –I lanplus –H ip –U user –P password –C 17 –N 5 command
Please refer to the included "TA-1143_Extra_parameters_needed_for_ipmitool.pdf" for more information.
Downgrading BMC below 1.43.660a4315 is not supported due to a security revision change.
General installation procedure
- Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive).
- Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated.
- Power on the server and load the UEFI shell.
- Begin the update process by running the Startup.nsh.
- Reboot the system after the update process has successfully completed.
- If Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory is installed, run Startup.nsh a second time after the first reboot to upgrade Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory Firmware.
- Refer first to the release notes and readme and update instructions files for detailed information on installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues before starting the firmware update.
- Click the link Readme (PDF) to download the BIOS update instructions in Simplified Chinese.
- This package contains BIOS recovery files. Refer to the BIOS recovery instructions in the BIOS release notes in this package.
- Refer to the following P1 Operating System Installation Guides to work around the P2A ASPEED driver issue:
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Server System R2208WF0ZSR
- Intel® Server System R2224WFTZSR
- Intel® Server System R2308WFTZSR
- Intel® Server System R2312WF0NPR
- Intel® Server System R2208WFQZSR
- Intel® Server System R2312WFTZSR
- Intel® Server System R2208WF0ZS
- Intel® Server System R2208WFQZS
- Intel® Server System R2208WFTZS
- Intel® Server System R2208WFTZSR
- Intel® Server System R2224WFTZS
- Intel® Server System R2308WFTZS
- Intel® Server System R2312WFTZS
- Intel® Server System R2312WFQZS
- Intel® Server System R2224WFQZS
- Intel® Server System R2312WF0NP
- Intel® Server System R1208WFQYSR
- Intel® Server System R1208WFTYS
- Intel® Server System R1208WFTYSR
- Intel® Server System R1304WF0YSR
- Intel® Server System R1304WF0YS
- Intel® Server System R1304WFTYS
- Intel® Server System R1304WFTYSR
- Intel® Server Board S2600WF0R
- Intel® Server Board S2600WFQR
- Intel® Server Board S2600WFTR
- Intel® Server Board S2600WFQ
- Intel® Server Board S2600WF0
- Intel® Server Board S2600WFT
- Intel® Server System VRN2208WAF6
- Intel® Server System VRN2208WFAF81
- Intel® Server System VRN2208WFAF82
- Intel® Server System VRN2208WFAF83
- Intel® Server System VRN2208WFHY6
- Intel® Server System LNETCNT3Y
- Intel® Server System NB2208WFQNFVI
- Intel® Server System MCB2208WFAF5
- Intel® Server System MCB2208WFAF4
- Intel® Server System MCB2208WFAF6
- Intel® Server System MCB2208WFHY2
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.