The Top 5 Ways to Listen to Free Music Online
Did you know that you can listen to free music online without stealing from anyone? There are actually quite a few legitimate online resources that’ll let you get your groove on absolutely free of charge. If you have a tablet or laptop, even better—you can listen to music from literally anywhere that offers a Wi-Fi signal. Check out our Intel Product Finder to find the computer that best fits your style and your needs. Then, get online and start listening to your favorite music for free!
Here’s a breakdown of the top five online resources for listening to free music online.
- Spotify*: Available in almost two dozen countries including the United States and the United Kingdom, Spotify is one of the most widely used platforms for listening to free music online. Unlike a lot of other online music services, Spotify lets you search for individual songs, albums, or artists. The free version is supported by ads and requires a software download.
- Pandora Radio*: Like Spotify, Pandora Radio is a free, ad-supported online music streaming service that’s available in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand. The major difference is that you don’t have to download any software, as the music streaming takes place straight from the web site. Pandora works by playing suggested songs based on certain search criteria.
- Grooveshark*: Similar in function to Pandora, but offering some of the perks that come with Spotify, Grooveshark is a unique hybrid of online streaming radio that gives you the option of listening to entire albums without the need to download any software. All of the listening is done right from the web site on your browser. Grooveshark is available only in the United States.
- Last.fm*: A free online music streaming service within the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Last.fm also adds a dash of social networking for an altogether different experience. Not only can you listen to free music, but you can also friend other listeners and send messages and recommendations to those on your list of contacts. Last.fm differentiates itself from other online streaming services in that it also displays rotating still images of the artist being played. Last.fm has more restricted availability in Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil.
- Live365*: Boasting an array of online radio stations that aren’t programmed, but run by actual DJs, Live365 is a great free streaming resource that can get you listening to your favorite music and discovering similar artists at the same time. You can also sort your listening tastes by style of music, as well as by individual bands and artists. Live365 can be launched straight from your browser, but there’s also a player that you can download for additional features. The service is ad driven, so there’s never any need to pay any subscription fees. Live365 is available in over 150 countries worldwide.
The pursuit of free online music resources can save you a ton of money on mp3 downloads and CD purchases. It can also help introduce you to new artists you would never have discovered otherwise. Remember that for the best experience, your best bet is to equip yourself with a computer capable of the speed demands of continuous online audio streaming. Find yours today by visiting the Intel Product Finder.