Where to Buy
Developer Starter Kits
Applications and Solutions Catalog
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Product Family
Features and Benefits
Delivers over a teraFLOPS (floating-point operations per second) of double-precision peak performance.1,2,3 Additionally, as compared with Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family-based servers, the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor delivers up to 2.3 times higher peak FLOPS1,3,4 and up to 3 times more performance per watt1,5 and up to 7 times better performance on certain financial services applications.1,6Learn more about the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor performance >
Applications can support both Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors which use common languages, models, and familiar and standard development tools, so there’s no need to learn new languages or tools.Learn more about Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors >
Leverage the compute flexibility of Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors to either use in Intel® Xeon® processors to accelerate processing of highly parallel code, or create independent, high-performance computing compute nodes with its own IP address and can run applications independently—unlike a basic accelerator.Learn more about Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors >
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors Product Specifications
Premium offering for the most demanding users, supporting the most features, including Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 1.0, and the highest performance and memory capacity of the Intel Xeon Phi product family.View the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor 7100 series product specifications >
Optimized for memory bandwidth bound workloads (STREAM*, Energy), memory capacity workloads (DCC, Energy), or both (Reverse Time Migration).View the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor 5100 series product specifications >
Outstanding parallel performance and an excellent choice for computer-bound workloads, such as Monte Carlo*, Black-Scholes*, HPL*, LifeSc*, and many others.View the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor 3100 series product specifications >
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Applications and Solutions Catalog
The PDF document attached to this article contains a growing list of available, downloadable, or work-in-progress code that can be run or optimized to run on Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors.
Learn more about the Intel Xeon Phi applications and solutions catalog >
Product Brief: The Intel® Xeon Phi™ product family enhances the performance of applications.
Intel® Many Integrated Core architecture is the latest in supercomputing speed and performance.
Intel software partners praise Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors: improved performance and developer productivity, energy...
Guide: Describes system installation standards, including grounding and cooling requirements.
User Guide: Tool descriptions include check utility, flash, information, and RAS daemon.
Software Developers Guide: Covers architecture, power management, RAS features, usage models, more.
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.
2. Claim based on calculated theoretical peak double precision performance capability for a single coprocessor. 16 DP FLOPS/clock/core * 61 cores * 1.238 GHz = 1.208 TeraFLOPS.
3. Results have been estimated based on internal Intel analysis and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance.
4. Calculated theoretical peak double precision FLOPS (2 x Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697v2 (12 core, 2.7 GHz) vs. 1 x Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor 7120P (61 core, 1.238 GHz) (518 GF/s vs. 1208 GF/s)
5. 2 socket Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697v2 server vs. a single Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor 5120D (Intel measured DGEMM perf/watt score 548 GF/s @ 451W vs. 837 GF/s @ 225W)
6. 2 socket Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family server vs. Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor (7.04x: Measured by Intel December 2013. 2 socket E5-2697v2 (12 core, 2.7GHz) vs. 1 Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor 7120P (61 cores, 1.238GHz) on a Single Precision Monte Carlo Simulation. 78.444 Koptions/sec vs. 552.41 Koptions/sec )
This page is also available in
- United States (English)
Go to your Country's Homepage
- Asia Pacific (English)
- Australia (English)
- China (简体中文)
- Hong Kong (English)
- India (English)
- Indonesia (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Japan (日本語)
- Korea (한국어)
- Malaysia (English)
- New Zealand (English)
- Pakistan (English)
- Philippines (English)
- Singapore (English)
- Taiwan (繁體中文)
- Thailand (ไทย)
- Vietnam (Tiếng Việt)
- Algeria (اللغة العربية)
- Algeria (Français)
- Egypt (اللغة العربية)
- Egypt (English)
- Israel (עברית)
- Middle East (اللغة العربية)
- Middle East (English)
- Morocco (اللغة العربية)
- Morocco (Français)
- Saudi Arabia (اللغة العربية)
- Saudi Arabia (English)
- South Africa (English)
- United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates (English)