The first moment you start on a new PC game is an exhilarating one. You’re in for an immersive experience with exceptional voice acting, realistic graphics, dynamic combat and a compelling storyline. With the new 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, you get all that and so much more out of each game.
Read on to find out how 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors together with DirectX 12* and Windows® 10 give you an unbeatable amazing gaming experience.
Two of the most important aspects of a great gaming computer are speed and performance1, and the latest 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors have raised the bar when it comes to both. For example, when paired with Windows® 10, it only takes as fast as 0.5 seconds to start up and you get fast app switching2, 3, 4.
You also enjoy an immersive 4K Ultra HD video experience along with up to 30x better 3D graphics vs. a 5 year old PC2, 3, 5, and impressive performance with Windows® 10 and DirectX 12.2.
Windows® 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s PC operating system; it’s full of new features, and has a clutter-free design, easy navigation as well as smooth transitions between programs.
DirectX 12, on the other hand, is the latest edition of Microsoft’s DirectX application programming interface (API). It handles visual and other multimedia tasks by tapping into all the cores of your CPU simultaneously, and includes new features to boost your graphics performance. Coupled with Windows® 10, you can now enjoy a fantastic gaming experience with amazing visuals.
Recent games like GTA V*, The Witcher 3*, and Fallout 4* draw you in and keep you enthralled with their brilliant HD graphics and intense, dynamic gameplay. However, these 2 aspects are what a basic PC may struggle to keep up with.
Not only do you get impressive gameplay with a 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, it lets you experience the full potential the games’ graphics have to offer. Below are 2 examples of how they can make your gaming experience so much better.
This wildly popular online PvP game released its second free-to-play spin-off created specifically for selected Asian markets. Also, with amazing battery life, you won’t have to worry about charging your device mid-play.
Craft your character and choose your own path in ArcheAge, the epic fantasy MMORPG played across 64 countries. With the right set-up, 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor lets you fully experience the brilliant graphics this game has to offer.
Throw yourself into intense tank battles with more than 100 different types of World War II armored vehicles in this team-based massively multiplayer online action game. Enjoy optimal gameplay and great visuals on desktops and laptops powered by 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors.
Draw your deck and get ready for battle in this online turn-based card game! When you’re playing against other people while on webcam, Intel® RealSense™ Technology with Personify* lets you remove the background of the room you’re in, preventing distractions and helping you to focus on the game and on other players.6, 7
With its amazing responsiveness, graphics that rival reality and high-speed connection, you won’t miss out on becoming the hero with 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. Couple that with DirectX 12 and Windows® 10, and you have a powerful PC that’s built to take on the most demanding games. Now it’s time to check out the latest gaming PCs and find one that suits your needs best.
See how the amazing technologies in Intel® processors help make doing the things you love fast, smooth and more enjoyable.
Looking for the perfect student PC? With great graphics and long battery life, a new lightweight 2 in 1 PC is a smart choice for a student computer.
Intel processors deliver performance and built-in features. Find out why they offer more bang for your buck.
1. Reference from ‘Top Ten Factors for Choosing a Gaming PC’ article from the PC World website: http://www.pcworld.com/article/258549/top_ten_factors_for_choosing_a_gaming_pc.html.
2. System Configurations: Intel Reference Platform is an example new system. Products available from systems manufacturers will not be identical in design, and performance will vary.
Intel Reference Platform: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U processor, 4T/2C, 2.3 GHz up to 2.8 GHz, 3MB L3 cache; Memory: 2X4 GB DDR4-2133; Storage: Intel® Solid State Drive; Display: 1920X1080; Intel® HD Graphics 520 graphics driver v.15.40.4225; OS: Windows® 10; Battery assumption: 43WHr.
Intel® Core™ i5-520UM processor, 4T/2C, 1.06 GHz up to 1.86 GHz, 3M L3 cache on Acer Aspire One* 1830T-3721; Memory: 2X4 GB DDR3-1333; Storage: Seagate* 500 GB HDD; BIOS: Insyde v.1.11*; Display: 1366X768; Intel® HD Graphics driver v. 188.8.131.524; OS: Windows* 7. Battery size: 62 WHr.
Intel Reference Platform:
When we test products before launch, we do so on an ‘Intel Reference Platform,’ which is an internal example system designed by Intel engineers. It’s intended to be similar to, although not exactly the same, as the products we expect our customers will create with our components. The performance of Intel processors on the Intel Reference Platform may be different from actual shipping systems (once available).
3. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit http://www.intel.com/performance.
4. Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No computer system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at http://support.intel.com.
5. Measured using 3DMark* 1.2.0 Cloud Gate for DX 10 graphics subtest - a 3D graphics benchmark that measures 3D gaming performance. Find out more at www.futuremark.com.
6. Requires an enabled device and may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described features. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. Consult your retailer or learn more at http://www.intel.com/realsense.
7. Intel makes no representation nor warranties regarding the applications (“apps”) mentioned in this article. User should consult other information in evaluating whether to purchase or use these apps.