Our world is evolving at a rapid pace, and education has adapted to keep up with our increasingly digitized lifestyle; blackboards have taken a backseat and PCs are now commonplace. Technologies such as the latest 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, Microsoft Cortana* and Intel® Edison can help students hone their creativity, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Learn how each can help both in and out of the classroom.
The last thing students need is a slow or unreliable computer. A PC powered by a 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor helps them discover new learning strategies and gives them the performance and power to keep up to speed on assignments.
• It takes as fast as 0.5 seconds to wake up1, 7, and boasts up to 2.5x better productivity1, 2 as well as up to 30x better 3D graphics vs. a 5-year-old PC.1, 3
• It works great with Windows® 10, so you get great multitasking, start-up times and all-around performance along with software compatibility.
• It can go 10 hours without recharging, and has up to 3x more battery life vs. a 5-year-old PC.1, 4
Keep data safe and secure with Windows Hello*
As parents, you want to help your child safe at all times, especially when it comes to personal data on the Internet. Windows Hello works with Microsoft Passport* and uses biometric authentication to help make sign-ins more secure than using a password5. It recognizes faces, fingerprints or irises so you can rest assured that all personal details are encrypted.
Keep them organized with a personal assistant: Cortana
After-school tuition, co-curricular activities, remedial class, piano lessons; students nowadays have a lot on their plate. Cortana is Microsoft’s virtual assistant that can help them stay organized and manage their daily tasks.
• The powerful built-in reminder feature keeps track of specific events, times, locations and people to meet.
• It understands how people talk, so they can ask Cortana to “find documents on Biology” and get near-instant search results.
• Calculations and conversions can be done by text and speech, so small, basic tasks can be out of the way just by asking Cortana a question.
Unleash their creative potential with Intel® RealSense™ Technology
Intel® RealSense™ Technology gives us a more natural, intuitive way to interact with our devices, and brings a whole new dimension to online learning. Couple this with user-friendly editing, collaboration tools as well as the Intel® RealSense™ camera, and there’s a whole new world of possibilities to explore.
• It can sense depth like a human eye, so your child can customize their chat backgrounds and even share content with classmates virtually, no matter where they are.
• It is capable of detailed 3D scans. Ace school projects by making 3D scans that can be brought to life using a 3D printer.
• It detects movement and recognizes multiple points per hand. Presentations take on a whole new life when the device can be controlled with just gestures.
Learn more on the 4 ways Intel® RealSense™ technology makes school more exciting.
Cultivate their inner inventor with Intel® Edison
Intel® Edison is a mini computer that can be used to build hardware and software platforms. It is tiny yet powerful, perfect for mind-blowing school projects. Some awesome inventions built with Intel® Edison include:
• Reinventing turntables that change the way music is made.
• Fighting the Ebola outbreak with an Ebola-proof tablet and server.
• Building a low-cost braille printer to help the blind.
Get inspired by all the amazing things others are doing with Intel® Edison technology.
Work better and smarter with the right device for school
With all this technology in the classroom, the sky really is the limit as to what can be achieved with an Intel-powered device. Whether it’s used for projects, homework discussions or coming up with ideas for awesome presentations, there’s a device suited for everyone. Take a look at the latest devices on offer to find the best PC for students.
See how the amazing technologies in Intel® processors make doing the things you love fast, smooth and more enjoyable.
Looking for the perfect student PC? With great graphics and long battery life, a new lightweight 2 in 1 PC is a smart choice for a student computer.
Intel processors deliver performance and built-in features. Find out why they offer more bang for your buck.
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit http://www.intel.com/performance.
Intel Reference Platform is an example new system. Products available from systems manufacturers will not be identical in design, and performance will vary.
Intel Reference Platform: Intel® Core™ i5-6200U processor, 4T/2C, 2.3 GHz up to 2.8 GHz, 3MB L3 cache; Memory: 2X4 GB DDR4-2133; Storage: Intel® Solid State Drive; Display: 1920X1080; Intel® HD Graphics 520 graphics driver v.15.40.4225; OS: Windows® 10; Battery assumption: 43WHr.
Intel® Core™ i5-520UM processor, 4T/2C, 1.06 GHz up to 1.86 GHz, 3M L3 cache on Acer Aspire One* 1830T-3721; Memory: 2X4 GB DDR3-1333; Storage: Seagate* 500 GB HDD; BIOS: Insyde v.1.11*; Display: 1366X768; Intel® HD Graphics driver v. 126.96.36.1994; OS: Windows* 7. Battery size: 62 WHr.
2. Measured by SYSmark* 2014, a benchmark from BAPCo* consortium, which measures the performance of commonly used productivity applications, such as Microsoft Excel* and Adobe Acrobat*. Find out more at www.bapco.com.
3. Measured using 3DMark* 1.2.0 Cloud Gate for DX 10 graphics subtest - a 3D graphics benchmark that measures 3D gaming performance. Find out more at www.futuremark.com.
4. Video Battery Life Rundown (in minutes) as measured by Tears of Steel*, 1080p, 23.976fps, H.264, 3000kbps, rev1.mp4 >/=200nit, DPST=ON, no dimming, balanced, Wi-Fi connected.
5. No computer system can be absolutely secure.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No computer system can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at http://support.intel.com.