Block Diagram: Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 product family functions, capabilities. (v.1, July 2013)
Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000 Product Family
Based on the low-power Silvermont microarchitecture, this product family extends the scalability of Intel® architecture into smaller footprint and dense communications and intelligent systems. This product family offers a range of multi-core processing capabilities (from two cores to eight cores) and features high levels of I/O and acceleration integration, resulting in a scalable, single-chip system-on-chip (SoC).
- Based on the 22-nanometer process technology with 3-D tri-gate transistors, the product family provides optimal performance per watt, addressing the needs of thermally constrained solutions, such as entry to midrange branch office routers, security appliances, network access, communications servers, small cells, control plane processing, and storage.
- Pin-to-pin compatible, this product family allows developers to scale platforms seamlessly with design reuse. A range of thermal design power (TDP) from 7 to 20 watts supports energy-efficient network designs, including fanless embedded designs.
- When paired with the Intel® Data Plane Development Kit (Intel® DPDK), this platform improves packet processing speeds to handle increased network traffic data rates and associated control and signaling infrastructure requirements.
Online embedded board planner
Plan your board, perform power and thermal analysis, and generate schematics all online.
Try it out >
Products using the Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 product family
Check out some of the embedded products offered from our Intel® Internet of Things Solutions Alliance partners based on the Intel Atom processor E3800 product family.
Browse the catalog >
Firmware support packages
Intel® Firmware Support Packages for Windows* and Linux* include initialization functions for the processor, memory controller, and Intel® chipset as a reusable binary component that fits into existing boot loaders. The included integration guide describes available APIs.
Download firmware support packages >
Intel® EDC support
Access technical and sales assistance, register for an intel EDC account, or manage your account.Contact us >
Processor and chipset selection, peripheral devices, board size, power budget, and thermal analysis.
Design Review Services
Submit your designs, and we will analyze them for compliance to guidelines and report potential issues within one week.
Hardware Test Tool Loan Program
Provides debug and validation tools, including instructional videos, for supported products on a temporary loan basis.
The Design-In Tools store allows you to speed through motherboard and system design with validation tools and services available for purchase from Intel.
1. Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI-enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. Intel® AES-NI is available on select Intel® processors. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni.
2. Intel processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/au/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.