Quad-Core Processing Enhances Embedded Computing
Based on 45nm process technology, the Intel® Xeon® processor 3400 series features quad-core processing and intelligent performance capabilities to meet the computing needs of demanding, embedded applications. When paired with the Intel® 3450 chipset, this platform provides error correcting code and flexible PCI Express* capabilities, making it ideal for a wide range of embedded applications, including point-of-service terminals and ATMs, gaming platforms, digital security surveillance, and industrial control and automation equipment.
• Memory error correction: Corrects memory errors without requiring system reset, enhancing performance, uptime, and autonomous operation essential for remote, embedded applications.
• Intel® Intelligent Power Technology: Reduces power consumption through architectural improvements, such as integrated power gates and automated low-power states.
• Intel® Turbo Boost Technology: Accelerates performance up and down to match heavy workloads and manage power. Automatically speeds up the processor when a device needs extra performance.
• Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology: Enables simultaneous multi-threading to help boost performance for parallel, multi-threaded applications.
• Intel® vPro™ technology: Delivers robust platform-level remote maintenance and management capabilities with Intel® Virtualization Technology, Intel® Active Management Technology, and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology.
Read the full Quad-Core Processing Enhances Embedded Computing Product Brief.