Tata Consultancy Services Speeds Low-Latency Trading
TCS Financial Solutions is a strategic business unit of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Dedicated to providing business application solutions to financial institutions globally, TCS Financial Solutions has compiled a comprehensive product portfolio under the brand name of TCS BaNCS*. With a global customer base of more than 300 institutions operating in over 80 countries, TCS Financial Solutions delivers state-of-the-art software solutions for the banking, insurance, and capital markets industries worldwide. TCS BaNCS Securities Trading* application is one of the products it offers to the broker dealer segment of capital markets.
• Reduce latency in algorithmic trading. Reduce the time to process transactions to the sub-millisecond level with the TCS BaNCS Securities Trading application, allowing investors to route orders much faster and increase trading profitability.
• Increase transaction throughput. Allow computing resources to be utilized efficiently to double throughput and reduce latency of processing transactions.
• Reduce data access time. Reduce the time spent in accessing in-memory, relational database management systems, lowering the end-to-end application latency.
• Take advantage of the latest generation of Intel® platforms. Refresh servers and enable the TCS BaNCS Securities Trading application to utilize parallel processing with the multi-core, multi-socket platforms to achieve low latency and higher-throughput performance during trading transactions.
• Use various Intel® technologies. Allow processor frequency to scale dynamically, boost overall system scalability and performance by using technologies like Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology.
• Make the overall application aware of non-uniform memory access (NUMA). Enable NUMA awareness at the BIOS level, allowing the application to be fne-controlled for NUMA awareness at the operating system level. Processes and their memory references were affinitized using numactl commands.
• Improve database access efficiency. Reduce memory access times and shift bottleneck towards memory utilization while improving software algorithms and optimizing data structures to take advantage of the underlying architecture.
Read the full Tata Consultancy Services Speeds Low-Latency Trading Solution Brief.