Intel® Education Solutions
The power to transform the classroom for the 21st century
Educators recognize that to compete in the global information economy, children must have early and enduring access to information and communications technology (ICT) in the school setting. Intel’s broad ecosystem, pioneering products, and deep expertise in everything from teacher professional development to cloud computing uniquely position Intel to serve as a powerful ally in advancing student success and developing innovation economies around the world.
Intel® Architecture Product Features
- Flexibility so educators can choose peripherals, software, and infrastructure for easier classroom integration
- Intel Education Services making classroom technologies easier to support and sustain
- Full-featured solutions that support anywhere, anytime learning
- Manageability and security to keep students safe and protect the technology investment
The Intel® Education Solutions support team helps you find the right solutions and technology to support your students. Watch this video to learn more >
Starting the Process
The following steps outlined in the Intel eLearning Deployment Guide provide a view into the scope of decision-making required with worksheets, activities, and sample documents that can streamline the documentation process.
- Define a vision: What do you want from eLearning (outline goals, both tangible and intangible)?
- Determine project requirements: What do various stakeholders need from eLearning? Include students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
- What are the constraints: Are there limitations on the current technology infrastructure? If so, how will they be addressed?
- Outline standards and assessment criteria. How will you know it “worked”? What measurable success are you trying to achieve?
- See the IT resources page for a guide and tools to implement your technology solutions.
- Research required components, including hardware, software, content, training, and tech support. Pulling together the right components transform education and result in greater student access and achievement. It can also significantly reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Survey current and future technologies and the infrastructure required to support them.
- Review teacher and student learning device options. See the next-generation Intel® classmate PCs and tablets for 21st century education—featuring student-friendly designs with enhanced ruggedness, security, Intel architecture, and increased battery life.
Maintenance and support
- Outline funding sources and strategies; include suggestions for potential funders, both public and private.
- Track success metrics and standards.
- Explore collaboration and partnership options.
- Invest in professional development, teacher support, and training to sustain long-term success. Intel® Teach helps K–12 teachers of all subjects learn to engage students with digital learning, including digital content, Web 2.0, social networking, and free online tools and resources. Find free professional development courses here.
- Review curriculum and content options. Access free tools and resources to help students develop 21st century skills.
Intel® Education product and technical experts
are available to provide you guidance for your organization's implementation plans.
Project RED global toolkit
Project RED provides research, tools, and guides to help schools transform education technology programs.
Read more >
Like life, Intel tests its digital devices for anything every day, because endurance matters.
See how life tests us >