Intel® 5100 Memory Controller Hub Chipset
Affordable 2-socket Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers featuring the cost-optimized Intel® 5100 Memory Controller Hub Chipset and Intel ICH-9R I/O controller deliver powerful business capabilities at competitive prices, giving you the flexibility you need to reach new customers, increase your revenue and achieve your business goals.
Delivering new levels of performance for business processes, across a wide range of business workloads, including application servers, e-mail servers, Web servers and more.
The Intel® 5100 Memory Controller Hub Chipset, low-cost Intel® ICH-9R I/O controller, coupled with the energy-efficient design of Intel's 45nm silicon process helps enable improved IT application performance with excellent power efficiency and value. Supporting either one or two processors, the platform is further optimized for reduced power consumption using low-power native DDR2 memory.
Run more business applications within a smaller IT footprint.
|Features and benefits|
|1333/1066 MHz system bus||Supports Intel® Xeon® processors.|
|Multicore processing||Multi-core Intel® Xeon® processors deliver a quantum leap in processing capacity without a comparable increase in power consumption, so you can enhance your computing solutions efficiency while helping to keep server rooms cooler.
|Intel® Core™ microarchitecture||
Large 12 MB on-die L2 cache
(2 x 6 MB)
|Intel Virtualization Technology||A processor hardware enhancement that helps you to create virtual servers, so you have fewer servers to manage and maintain without sacrificing application performance.|
|Native DDR2 Registered DIMM technology||
|1333 MHz dual independent bus||Dedicated high speed bus (one per processor) gives you more data capacity and throughput, moving more data quickly through the system|
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
|Intel® 5100 Memory Controller Hub (MCH) Chipset||1432 Flip Chip-Ball Grid Array (FC-BGA)|
|Intel® ICH-9R I/O Controller Hub||676 Flip Chip - Ball Grid Array (FC-BGA)|
1. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
2. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html or call (U.S.) 1-800-628-8686 or 1-916-356-3104.
3. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
4. Compared to Intel® Xeon® Processor 5300 Series. Up to 25% (1.25x) higher Performance X5460 vs X5365 - Published/measured results on SPECjbb2005* - Oct 2, 07
5. Mainstream support for up to 24 GB DDR2 memory. Maximum capacity of 32 GB configurable at introduction and up to 48 GB in 2008