Block diagram provides the components, technology, and connectivity of the platform.
Mobile Intel® QM87 Chipset
Supporting 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor families
The mobile Intel® QM87 Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 8 Series Chipset family, providing integrated USB 3.0 and supporting 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor families.
|Mobile Intel® QM87 Chipset Features at a Glance|
|Support for 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors||Support for 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0,1 Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology),2 next generation Intel® HD Graphics with built-in visuals,3 and Intel® Power Optimization that provide improved CPU, graphics, and media performance, as well as improved battery life.|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)4||Using built-in platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, Intel AMT allows IT to better discover, heal, and protect networked computing assets.|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)5||Provides small businesses with out-the-box features to enhance the security and productivity of their small business with software monitoring, data backup and restore, USB port blocker, health center, and wireless display.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)6
With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video, and data files with RAID 0, 5, and 10, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10.
The Dynamic Storage Accelerator feature unleashes the maximum performance of solid-state disks (SSD) when multitasking.
|Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT)||Intel’s latest data protection technology provides a recovery point that can be used to quickly recover a system if a hard drive fails or if there is data corruption. The clone can also be mounted as a read-only volume to allow a user to recover individual files.|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology7||
Protect your one-time password (OTP) credentials and public-key infrastructure (PKI) certificates4 and add a layer of encrypted second factor authentication for online transactions.
Log into your system or make secure credit card purchases on your system using near field communication (NFC)-enabled cards.
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)8||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features, such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Smart Response Technology9||Wait less with faster access to the files and applications you use the most.|
|Intel® Smart Connect Technology10||Stay current with automatic, no-wait updates to your e-mail and social networks, even when your device is asleep. Automatically connect to free public WiFi hotspots and refresh content in more locations worldwide.|
|Intel® Rapid Start Technology11||Instantly return to where you left off with a device that goes from deep sleep to fully awake in a flash.|
|Universal serial bus (USB) 3.0||Integrated USB 3.0 support, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) with up to 6 USB 3.0 ports.12|
|Universal serial bus 2.0||High-speed USB 2.0 support with a design data rate of up to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) with up to 14 USB 2.0 ports.|
|USB 2.0 rate matching hub||Enables lower power requirements and manages the transition of the communication data rate from the high speed of the host controller to the lower speed of USB full-speed/low-speed devices.|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 6Gb/s||Next generation high-speed storage interface supporting up to 6Gb/s transfer rates for optimal data access with up to 4 SATA 6Gb/s ports.12|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 3Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s ports.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. Provides a link for 3Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|PCI Express* 2.0 interface||Offers up to 5 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 8 PCI Express 2.0 x1 ports,12 configurable as x2 and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® I217LM Gigabit Network Connection.|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages.|
1. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 is the next generation of Turbo Boost Technology and is only available on 4th gen Intel® Core™ processors. Consult your notebook manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost.
2. Requires an Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled system, consult with your system manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on all Intel® processors. For more information, including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
3. Built-in visual features are not enabled on all PCs, and optimized software may be required. Check with your system manufacturer. Learn more at www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/visual-technology/intel-visual-technology-consumer.html.
4. Requires an Intel® vPro™ Technology-enabled system. This feature is dependent on your system configuration.
5. Requires an Intel® Small Business Advantage-enabled system and proper configuration. Availability of features will depend upon the setup and configuration by your PC manufacturer. Consult your system manufacturer for more details.
6. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer have an Intel® RST-enabled chipset, RAID controller in the BIOS enabled and the Intel RST software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
7. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology-enabled system, including a 3rd or 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor, an enabled chipset, firmware, software, and participating website. Consult your system manufacturer. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages. For more information, visit http://ipt.intel.com.
8. Requires an Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer for more information. Sound quality will depend on equipment and actual implementation. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
9. Requires a select Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software, and a properly configured hybrid drive (HDD + small SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
10. Requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
11. Intel® Rapid Start Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
12. Actual number of ports available may vary by system configuration. Please consult your system vendor for more information.