Mobile Intel® UM67 Express Chipset
The mobile Intel® UM67 Express Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset family, providing a single chip architecture that delivers:
- Power optimization to provide the longest battery life
- Blu-ray* logo capable HD video playback, with native support for Blu-ray drives
- Intel® Wireless Display allowing you to enjoy all of your personal and online content on big screen TV with a simple wireless connection
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) for PC protection that can disable a lost or stolen PC and reactivate it without compromise to the system or data
|Integrated Gigabit Ethernet MAC||
|Features and benefits|
|Intel® Core™ processor family||PCs with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family enable IT to take advantage of hardware-assisted security and manageability capabilities that enhance their ability to maintain, manage, and protect their PCs.|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI)||An innovative path for two independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset.|
|Support for High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort* and DVI||HDMI delivers uncompressed HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. This chipset also supports the DisplayPort* interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Wireless Display||With a laptop featuring Intel® Wireless Display, you can experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more on your TV with great image clarity and sound.|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)||Intel® AT allows systems to be disabled if they are lost or stolen. The technology can be used with or without a connection to the Internet or a corporate network. Intel AT can block the OS from loading, even if the hard drive is replaced or reformatted. Intel AT can also be used to disable access to data encryption keys and block access to valuable data on the hard drive, even if the drive is moved to a different system.|
|PCI Express* 2.0 interface||Offers up to 5 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 8 PCI Express* 2.0 x1 ports, configurable as x2 and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|Universal Serial Bus (USB)||Hi-Speed USB 2.0, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) with up to 14 USB 2.0 Ports.|
|USB 2.0 rate matching hub||Enables lower power requirements and manages the transition of the communication data rate from the high speed of the host controller to the lower speed of USB full speed/low speed devices.|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rate for improved data access. Provides up to 6 SATA ports at 3 Gb/s with up to 2 ports supporting 6 Gb/s transfer rates.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. It provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Network Connection.|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages.|
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
1. The Intel UM67 Express Chipset requires a LV or ULV CPU
2. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
3. Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) requires a system with an appropriate Intel® chipset and a motherboard with an appropriate codec and the necessary drivers installed. System sound quality will vary depending on actual implementation, controller, codec, drivers, and speakers. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
4. Intel® Wireless Display requires a compatible Intel®-based laptop PC, a third-party TV adapter featuring Intel® Wireless Display, and a TV with an available HDMI or Composite AV input. Compatible laptop PCs require a select Intel® Core™ processor family CPU. For a complete list of requirements, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html. Content requiring output protection, such as Blu-ray* and DVD movie playback, is not supported. Check with your PC manufacturer for specific details.
5. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) (also referred to as the 'poison pill' in some documents) requires the computer system to have an Intel® AT-enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware release, software and an Intel® AT-capable service provider/ISV application and service subscription. Intel® AT performs the encrypted data access disable by preventing access to or deleting cryptographic material (e.g. encryption keys) required to access previously encrypted data. ISV-provided Intel® AT-capable encryption software may store this cryptographic material in the PC's chipset. In order to restore access to data when the system is recovered, this cryptographic material must be escrowed/backed up in advance in a separate device or server provided by the security ISV/service provider. The detection (triggers), response (actions), and recovery mechanisms only work after the Intel® AT functionality has been activated and configured. The activation process requires an enrollment procedure in order to obtain a license from an authorized security vendor/service provider for each PC or batch of PCs. Activation also requires setup and configuration by the purchaser or service provider and may require scripting with the console. Certain functionality may not be offered by some ISVs or service providers. Certain functionality may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof.