Intel® Q85 Chipset Platform is Ideal for Business Computing
Security and manageability
With enhanced manageability and security features, such as Intel® Standard Manageability and Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT), the Intel® Q85 Chipset processor platform delivers business-centric performance that meets the everyday needs of corporate computing.
|Support for the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors||Supports the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01 Intel® Pentium® processors, and Intel® Celeron® processors.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)2||With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video and data files, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10.
Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3 Gb/s.
|Intel® Rapid Recover Technology (Intel® RRT)||Intel’s latest data protection technology provides a recovery point that can be used to quickly recover a system should a hard drive fail or if there is data corruption. The clone can also be mounted as a read-only volume to allow a user to recover individual files.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio)3||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Smart Response Technology 4||Implements storage I/O caching for faster response times of application startup and quicker access to user data.|
|Intel® Smart Connect Technology5||Provides faster application refresh by allowing applications to be updated in a low power state.|
|Intel® Rapid Start Technology 6||Allows quick system resumes from the hibernate state.|
|Universal Serial Bus 3.0||Integrated USB 3.0 support, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 5 Gb/s with up to 4 USB 3.0 ports.7|
|Universal Serial Bus 2.0||Hi-speed USB 2.0 support with a design data rate of up to 480 Mb/s with up to 14 USB 2.0 ports.|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)8
||Provides small businesses with out-the-box features to enhance the security and productivity of their small business.|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 6Gb/s||Next generation high-speed storage interface supporting up to 6Gb/s transfer rates for optimal data access with up to 4 SATA ports.7|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 3Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 SATA ports.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. Provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|PCI Express 2.0* interface||Offers up to 5GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 8 PCI Express 2.0 x1 ports7, configurable as x2, x4, and x8 depending on motherboard designs.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® Integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM.|
|Green technology||Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages.|
1. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 is the next generation of Turbo Boost Technology and is only available on 4th gen Intel® Core™ processors. Consult your notebook manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost.
2. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer have an Intel® RST-enabled chipset, RAID controller in the BIOS enabled and the Intel RST software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
3. Requires an Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) enabled system. Consult your PC manufacturer for more information. Sound quality will depend on equipment and actual implementation. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
4. Requires a select Intel® processor, enabled chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software, and a properly configured hybrid drive (HDD + small SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
5. Requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
6. Intel® Rapid Start Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, and Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD). Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
7. Actual number of ports available may vary by system configuration. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
8. Requires an Intel® Small Business Advantage-enabled system and proper configuration. Availability of features will depend upon the setup and configuration by your PC manufacturer. Consult your system manufacturer for more details.