Intel® Core™ i7-990X processor Extreme Edition
The Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme Edition is the perfect engine for power users who demand unparalleled performance and unlimited digital creativity. Thanks to the latest ultra-threaded, overclocking-enabled1 killer combination of smart features, including Intel® Turbo Boost Technology,2 Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology,3 6 physical and 12 logical cores, and 12MB Intel® Smart Cache, the Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme Edition is Intel's most tunable, capable, and downright devastating PC processor ever.
Dominate your competition with the Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme Edition. 3DMark* 11 Physics Test is a scene with a large number of rigid bodies simulated and rendered. Unleash smart performance for physics and AI intensive games with the Intel® Core™ i7-990X processor Extreme Edition. It's the ultimate weapon for extreme gamers who demand unmatched PC performance.
Error: Selected Video no longer exists in DAM
Desktop PC configurations used for extreme performance measurements
|Intel® Processor Name||Intel® Core™ i7-975 Processor Extreme Edition||Intel® Core™ i7-990X Processor Extreme Edition|
|Processor interconnect||Intel® QuickPath Interconnect @ 6.4GT/s||Intel QuickPath Interconnect @ 6.4GT/s|
|Intel® Smart Cache||Unified 8 MB L3||Unified 12MB L3|
|Motherboard manufacturer||Intel® DX58SO2||Intel DX58SO2|
|Chipset||Intel® X58 Express Chipset||Intel X58 Express Chipset|
|Chipset INF file||Intel® INF 188.8.131.525||Intel INF 184.108.40.2065|
|System memory||12GB (3x4GB) Micron* MT16JSF25664HY-1G1D1 DDR3-1066 (7-7-7-20)||12GB (3x4GB) Micron MT16JSF25664HY-1G1D1 DDR3-1066 (7-7-7-20)|
|Hard disk||Intel® X25-M SSD 160GB SATA2 2.5" FW-02HD||Intel X25-M SSD 160GB SATA2 2.5" FW-02HD|
|Intel® Matrix Storage Manager||220.127.116.113||18.104.22.1683|
|Video card||ATI* Radeon 5970 HD||ATI Radeon 5970 HD|
|Video driver version||8.801.0.0||8.801.0.0|
|Graphics resolution||1920 x 1200 resolution, 32-bit color||1920 x 1200 resolution, 32-bit color|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows* 7 Ultimate 64-bit RTM Build 7600, on NTFS||Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit RTM Build 7600, on NTFS|
|Power management mode||High performance||High performance|
Additional Information: 4 5
1. WARNING: Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking/overclocking-intel-processors.html.
2. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a system with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
3. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel HT Technology enabled system; check with your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on the previous generation Intel® Core™ i5-750. For more information including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
4. For more information on Intel® processor numbers, go to www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html.
5. Final benchmarks based on the final production BIOS may vary from these results. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/performance/.